We all get into creative ruts. To me at times it feels like a bottomless pit. Sometimes it is harder than other to get out.
Honestly, I have been in a creative rut lately and feeling totally uninspired. Yesterday I decided to break my rut, so I ‘forced’ my to begin thinking creatively and wanted to share a few of the concepts.
1. Sometimes you can’t wait for inspiration to happen! You just have to begin creating and once you begin taking action, inspiration shows up!
2. Whatever might be ‘keeping’ you from being creative or has ‘you down,’ make that issue the subject of your creativity. This approach will help you understand what you are feeling and it will actually help to minimize your negative feelings.
3. Don’t judge your creativity. Analysis is the enemy of creativity.
4. Creativity is not a mathematical equation. Your process can be different every time.
5. Don’t let others tell you that you are ‘doing it wrong’. It’s your process.
6. Obstacle are part of the creative process. It’s not suppose to be easy.
Don’t be afraid to find your voice through fear.
7. We identiy more with people’s failure than their success. Don’t be afraid to share your ‘failures’ when being creative.
8. True creatives don’t create more followers, they create more inspirational leaders!
9. The meaning of life is to find your gifts and talents. The purpose of life is to give them away.
10. Calling yourself a creative by its very definition is a measure of success.
With all of these thoughts in mind, I created this image and want to launch this hashtag
What I would tell my younger self is meant to inspire others and foster creative thinking.
Please consider creating a image and sharing what you have learned about creativity with your ‘younger self’ and me.
Hope you like it and I can’t wait to learn from all of you!